Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Ringing in the New Year!

The Leijonhufvud's have a family tradition of melting metal in the fire then dropping it into water. The resulting shape is interpreted to tell the future of the upcoming year.



Nils top
Louise left
Mine right
Agneta bottom

Nils and Agneta looking spiffy!

We released two Thai Hot Air Balloons!




Dinner time!


Lobster and salad

Steak, potatoes, and salad

Yummy goodness

Nils and Agneta dancing 

We went into the city to watch the fireworks!



2013 has been a crazy year! I got accepted into the Rotary Youth Exchange Program, found out I would be going to Sweden for my exchange, went to New York City with my Beaufort Academy class (I miss them dearly), took the SAT for my first time, my sister graduated High School, went to Moes Monday pretty much every week with my best friends (before I left), nannied over the summer, spent an amazing week at the beach with my family, got my wisdom teeth out, celebrated my seventeenth birthday, traveled to Sweden, stayed with a wonderful first host family, was placed in a great Swedish class with great people, and meet truly amazing friends along the way that I will cherish forever!

I have so much to look forward to in this New Year!

4 comments:

  1. A wonderful year for you, indeed, and more fun to come. Great pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This year you will be reunited with me! Cant wait to see what 2014 has to offer for both of us but cherish every minute you have left in Sweden! I miss you, baby sister!!

    ReplyDelete