Monday, February 17, 2014

Monday

I thought I would do something different this week. I am going to take you through my everyday life.

I woke up at 8:30 AM, took a shower, and got ready for the day. For breakfast I had yogurt, granola, and a banana. Sweden is doing something right with their yogurt. America take notes.


I left the house at 9:30 AM to catch the train. It takes about three to four minutes to walk to the train station; depending on how fast you walk. I normally take the train with one of my friends but today I did not.

My first class of the day was English; it started at 10:00 AM. In English, we just finished writing research papers on civil rights. I wrote my paper on child labor in China.  This week we are presenting our research to the class. Everyone in my class is super good at English even if they think they are not. However, I still had to help some of the girls before class pronounce difficult words.

Kelly

Sandra
(People were actually in class but they all just sat behind me)

Oddly enough, my classmates pledged their allegiance to the United States today. Tom, a guy in my class, researched the discrimination against atheists in America. I already felt judged as students presented their research on slavery in the south but then when he came up it was a whole different story. Sweden is one of the leading countries with a high rate of atheism. To start off his presentation, Tom, asked the class to say The Pledge of Allegiance because of the reference of god and how it brainwashes kids in America. Tom did apologize in advance to me about his research. He mentioned how students in schools in the US recite the pledge every day and looked at me to agree, I did but did not dare add that we also say the Our Father prayer at Beaufort Academy.

We made our way back to our lockers to grab our lunch cards then headed to wait in the lunch line.

The lunch line.
There is actually two.

Kelly sliding her card.
Your school photo comes up on the screen but for some reason mine doesn't (exchange student probz), the girls make me go last in line so no one will see their photos.

Lunch was chicken with either rice or noodles.
There is always the option of a salad bar or nasty nasty filmjölk.

Kelly and Karin!

Kelly insisted we use her plate to show the meal because it looked the best...okay?
Note: I do not drink milk however everyone tells me Sweden has the best milk.

Sandra and me.

My last class of the day is Economy, yes I only have two classes on Monday. We are working on a project so we were in the computer lab.


Karin and I are working together...together is used loosely here.




Class ended at 1:25 PM. Instead of the train, I took the bus home. It is a longer walk but only by one minute. During the walk, I took my jacket off because the sun was out and there was a blue sky. The sky is blue? I have totally forgotten that.

When I got home, I went to the kitchen to get myself an apple. Lena came in to talk to me about my day. She normally works from home when she is not traveling for business. It is nice coming back from school to someone in the house and being able to talk them.

I worked on my online class. (Yes Dad, I realize I only have five more weeks to finish it!)


I then wrote my blog post about the weekend.

William came into my room with a package from my Aunt Nanci and cousins, Abby and Alyssa! 


At 6:00, dinner was ready. I made my way downstairs however there was something in my way.



For dinner we had salmon with pesto, rice and salad. William was pretty upset; he hates fish. While we were eating, we talked about our upcoming trip to Björkliden! It is in the Arctic Circle. We are leaving this Sunday and going with the Leijonhufvud's! I can not wait! :)



Now, I am in bed writing this blog post.


After, I will read my book for Swedish class and go to sleep!

Oh, William just came into my room screaming, "Let's fight! Let's fight!" so that is my night.

No comments:

Post a Comment