Monday, May 12, 2014

Update

An update on what I have been doing in Sweden.

Emily's family came to Stockholm last week. On Wednesday, Kate and I ran into them unplanned as we were heading to a museum after school. Kate and I became homesick or more like familysick meeting them.





Hamster wheel.


Emily's mom looks so happy to finally be with her daughter again.




That night, I slept over at Kate's house, surprisingly for the first time, because we both did not have school the next day. To get home in the morning, I took a train to the subway station, got on the green line, switched at the central station to the red line,  took another train to my school, and then biked in the rain. I did not lie when I said Kate lived far away.

On Friday morning, Karin and I had a math test. After, we had three hours to kill before our next lesson so we roamed around Täby Centrum and had a fika.



During the fika, I got text messages from Lena and Gunilla both saying Michael Knight was trying to contact me. Michael just wanted to see when the next time I was coming to tea time so he called all my host families to make sure I got the message.


Friday evening, I had a chill night which I needed.

Saturday, I met Sam and Paddy for some ice cream in the city. Paddy and I headed back to his house so I could pick up my bank card (It got sent to my first host family). Oh yeah, Wednesday I got my bank card captured because I kept putting the wrong code in. Yep, go McKenzie.


That night, Karla, Henrik and I went to see the movie Divergent.

Sunday morning, I skyped my mother...


HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
I love you!!!



Today is Monday, I had school. I actually took the reading/listening part of the English National Test. I finished first out of my whole class and after my friends asked me how I read so fast...

No comments:

Post a Comment