Friday, July 18, 2014

Euro Tour (Part Two)

On the Fourth of July, we traveled to Italy with a patriotic stop in Slovenia.

All the American's went crazy with red, white, and blue. Also, we all were wrapped in our flags. After Marco said the morning announcements on the bus, I took the mic and told the American's to raise (Marco made us stay sitting because of the rules) and say the Pledge of Allegiance and sing our national anthem. I can honestly say, that everyone was annoyed by us. LET FREEDOM RING.

Happy Independence Day!


What is the Fourth without watermelon?






Marco did not get the memo about the whole American flag thing.




Sweden

Watermelon.



but Patrick got the memo.


When we arrived in Italy, we all rushed to our rooms, changed into bathing suits, and ran directly to the beach. It was great. We all were swimming in the water, having a blast. Some fellow Americans heard us singing "Proud To Be An American" and came over to join in on the celebration. This year's Fourth of July is going down in the books.

Back at the hotel, I had a panic attack because I could not find my camera anywhere, then I realized I forgot it on the bus. Steve said he sold it for one Euro to an Italian man. Well, he did not. He was just flabbergasted on all the items he found left on the bus so held an auction during dinner and I got it back. Thank the lord.






Our hotel





The next day, we had a free day to do whatever so that meant we woke up and went straight to the beach.








Lunch break.




For dinner we had gelato! I mean we are in Italy, why not?



Oh we also had gelato the next day after the beach and before lunch.




Iara trying to see if she has enough for gelato. 
#exchangestudentprobz

And then some real food.
Sofia, the Italian exchange student, told us we had to try it.
It was really good, but I do not know what it was...

We only had free time until two because we went to Venice for the afternoon to ride in Gondolas.

Mili and the Pope again.
Yes, that is her phone case.

To get to Venice we drove the bus twenty minutes, then took a boat ride.






VENICE.



I rode in a gondola with Abi, Emmy, Ly, Sabrina, and Jessie. We totally had the most attractive driver. 





Lars and Emily <3






Cookie time in Venice.








This girl.


"McKenzie, selfie!"-Andrew
AKA, make worst face possible.



On the way back to where we were staying, we took a boat but a different one than we arrived in. The captain was awesome and let us plug our music in and dance around the decks. We also got to drive the boat!



For dinner, we had a girls night because the next day we were leaving for France. It was one of the nicest dinners of the whole tour. We just talked and talked and talked about everything. Each of us ordered a different kind of pasta without tomatoes because Madie is allergic. Every five minutes we would switch plates.



After dinner, we got gelato (surprise) and ate it on the beach.




The next day was a traveling day to France. We stopped in Chambéry just to sleep. It was the best hotel we stayed at all tour, it was a Best Western. What also meant, we had very good wifi. 

I was rooming with Natalie and before we went to dinner we just chilled in our room connecting to wifi and to each other. I did not really know Natalie that well and I found out her life back in Australia was  so interesting. She lives in a town that consists of eight houses and they have no wifi so that means she has only spoken to her mom once her whole six months she has been in Sweden. However, our conversation got cut short because I started freaking out slash crying happy tears because...

That is right. Linda was on an East Coast trip with her family in the States and she stopped in Beaufort! She went into The Upper Crust and asked for David Blake. My dad had no idea she was coming and was so confused and excited when he found out who she was. The funny part about it all, was that the waitress who went back to my dad's office told him that a family was asking for him and they had funny accents. Oh, Swedes! I skyped called my dad right away and got to talk to Linda as she sat eating The Upper Crust in Beaufort. It makes me incredibly happy to know that I have made great friends who want to see where I come from; they must really care about me. Do I have to leave them?

Linda sent me this.

Bus time, yet again.






















Bronte caught me.







Next stop, Paris!!!

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely one of your best posts and the pics were great. Oh, by the way, just how much ice cream and gelato can you guys eat??!!

    ReplyDelete